Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 Weeks and Visitors

Check out my lastest 3 posts!

Last Wednesday Kennedy was 3 weeks old.  We don't have a scale, so we don't know how much she weighs but we think she is over 9 pounds!  She is getting close to moving out of newborn diapers, big girl!  Last week I had to go back to my midwife because I was having pain when feeding.  It ended up we both had thrush, no fun.  While I was there, my midwife thought Kennedy looked really yellow and she wanted us to have her checked again just to be sure.  We ended up having her checked that night and luckily it came back fairly good at 11.6.  With that number, we think we are finally in the clear with all the jaundice issues.  She seems to be going down every day and looking less yellow.  I am glad we had it checked one more time, because it is sometimes hard for us to see the day to day changes.

Jennifer came over on Kennedy's 3 week birthday and we went to lunch at our favorite place, La Madeline's!  Here she is all dressed up for lunch!  Her bow has a cute K on it, Tori made it.


Jen and Caiden (in Jen's belly) are holding Kennedy!

After lunch we had to get a cookie at cookie bouquet, it was a great birthday for Kennedy!

On Thursday, my Aunt Terri came into town to meet Miss K Mae!  Kennedy and I made our first airport trip and she did great.  We even made it to Chick Fil A before she woke up.  It was so great to have my Aunt in town and we are so grateful she made the trip to see us.  She brought the cutest things for Kennedy.  Both Marion (her daughter) and I wore these painted overalls when we were babies.  She brought back the overalls and pictures of both Marion and I in them.  She also brought me a pair of jeans that use to be hers for Kennedy to wear.  Someday soon you will see pictures of my cute girl in them! Here is K relaxing in Terri's lap.

Friday we all went out to lunch and then made a target trip.  We ended the day at Cousin's.  Saturday was a big day of nails, lunch and shopping.  It was Kennedy's first trip to the nail salon and she did fairly well.  I got all the way thru my pedicure and mostly thru my manicure before she woke up.  She got a sweet outfit for being such a good girl from Grandma!

Here is Aunt Terri holding Kennedy!















It was a great visit.  We will all be making a trip up to Connecticut in June to see my cousin graduate, and are excited to see the whole family at that time.  Thanks Terri for coming to visit!!!

Blog Signature

No comments: