Sunday, March 28, 2010

Zootastic

The weather finally got nice enough to use our Zoo membership a few weeks ago.  It was also spring break at the same time and the worst time to go, but I had promised Lincoln so we ventured off anyway.  We decided to head over a bit before they opened to help beat the crowd, but it really didn't help.  I was also by myself, so I was tempted to turn around, but he was so excited we went in anyway. 
While the trip was difficult by myself (b/c of the huge crowd and the refusal to stay in his storller) it was worth it to get a glimpse of the new Museum of Living Art at the Zoo.  We started off at MOLA, here is Linc ready to enter! 
Sitting on the turtle
"Red Birds" as Lincoln calls them.
After MOLA, we ventured off to see the other animals.
It is hard to go to the zoo in the morning b/c Lincoln still takes a nap around 12.  So by the time lunch rolled around I had a cranky toddler, but he wanted to ride the train anyway.  After a 30 minute wait, we finally got on the choo choo train!  He was so excited.
Yeah Choo Choo Thomas, as Linc would say.
We had a fun time and left shortly after the train ride.  Good thing, b/c by then, people where walking from across the highway to get to the zoo, it was crazy.  Linc passed out in the car as soon as I started it and when we got home he slept for another 2 hours, it was great!
We can't wait to go back, but I will not go again at spring break, haha!
Blog Signature

No comments: