Thursday, March 11, 2010

Did You Hear?

I knew this year was going to be full of wonderful things, but I had not guessed it would be so soon in the year that these gifts would come. 

So many great things have happened already and it is only March.

One being that Lincoln just turned 2, isn't that amazing!

As the new year approached, Craig and I discussed adding to our family of three.  Lincoln loves to play with others and we really wanted to grow our family.  We started talking about it months ago that we might start trying in May 2010.  We thought that maybe it would be cool if they had the same birth month.

Then we started to get antsy.  We had already decided we wanted another child, so why were we waiting.  In early December we decided we would not wait until May and instead see what happened now.

So it is with great pleasure and excitement that we annouce we will be having a baby join our family on or around September 15, 2010!

I really wanted to surprise Craig with the news.  I knew he would not expect it since we had only tried for one month.  While it was really hard to not call and tell him as soon as I found out, his reaction was well worth the wait.

As soon as I got the positive reading, I called cookies by design and ordered up two cookies, one blue and one pink.  I then went to party wearhouse and got pink and blue balloons.  When I got home I arranged it all on our bed since I knew that would be his last stop after coming into the house. 

After we said our hellos, he went into the room and turned on the light.  I saw him step back and the first thing he said was "No Way!" with a big smile on his face.  Then he said "You are joking, right?" and then ran and gave me a big hug.  He was so excited, and if you know Craig it takes a lot to get that kind of reaction out of him.  I will say I was very pleased, haha! 

I am now 13 weeks and am slowly getting over the morning or all day sickness as I like to call it.  I am lucky to not be a person who throws up, but I do feel nauseous almost all day long.  Nothing ever sounds good until the sec before I am hungry, so we had not cooked in our house for 2 months!  I am finally getting over that and am proud to say I have cooked 2 meals in the house this week!  I use to cook like 4 or 5 of them, so I need to get a little better and I know with time it will.  I will say I think the sickness has been a little worse this time, or I just forgot how it was last time.  I have not been sleeping good either and have had a headache almost every other day.  But with all that being said, I am so thankful that I got pregnant and that everything is great with the baby so far.  I pray for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

While I have not had any strange cravings, Craig has.  Mine have been pretty basic stuff, like bean burritos and potatoes and anything fruity.  Craig on the other hand has wanted the strangest stuff.  He got take out one night and went to two different places...for himself.  I wish I could remember them all, but the funnest one so far is Bacon Brownies.  Yes, you read that right.  One night, against my suggestion not to, he whipped up a batch of brownies and cooked some fresh bacon.  He then crushed the bacon up and mixed it into the brownies, yuck!
Let me just say the smell alone told me this was a bad idea, haha.  When they were done he went for a taste test and they were, of course gross.  He said he has not given up on them yet and just has to figure out a better way to cook them both, good luck!

I plan to post my progress in belly pics.  They say you pop out more on your second earlier and really I only notice it if I wear maternity clothes.  I have been able to still wear most of my normal clothes, they are just getting tight.  But for consistency in the photos I put on maternity clothes and now I do look like I have a bump.  We will call this the 3 month picture, even though it was taken at 13 weeks.
I can't wait to keep you all updated!  We are so excited!

Blog Signature

4 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations to you both! Thanks for sharing the exciting news. :)

The Jungs said...

So excited for you guys!!! Looking forward to watching your progress on the blog!! Congrats! It's a blast being a family of four!!

Jenn said...

congrats friend! so excited for u guys!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!