Monday, March 8, 2010

A Pirate's Life for Linc

This Saturday was Lincoln's 2nd Birthday party.  I just want to warn you this will be the longest post ever, but it is mostly pictures, so enjoy!
When we decided to get the ship, I knew that we had to have a pirate party on it.  I hoped and prayed for good weather, because in Texas you never know what you are going to get in March.  We were lucky to have pretty good weather so everything went just like I planned.  When I was searching for ideas for the party I came across a super cute banner idea off of another person's blog (whom I have now forgotten the address to).  It seemed easy enough to make, so make I did.  The finished product is in the picture below.  I used burlap and black & white stripped fabric with hot glue, some red spray paint and woodden letters.  All in all it was pretty easy, but time consuming for sure.
Here is the cake table.  We got the cake from a local shop called Treat Me Sweet.  They also did Linc's 1st Birthday Cake.  She made a pirate ship cake and pokka dot cupcakes.  The cupcakes were amaretto and lemon flavored, super yum!
Party favor table.  Who doesn't need some Pirates Booty?
The little tag says his name on it, super cute!  I love living in the age where all your kids things have to be personalized, haha.  I know it is silly, but fun.
They say balloons make a party, well we had them everywhere.  I wish I would have remembered to give them away at the end, I had so many just floating in the house afterwards.
The banner again.
What is a party without popcorn, yum.  I also forgot to tell people about this, so we had a lot left.

Ok, enough with the decor, now it is time to party.  Here is Ollie, Sam and Levi at the Treasure Dig.  I hid candy braclets and necklaces in the sand and we had them dig them up.  I think Sam and Levi had the most and cleaned the whole thing out for us, they are good diggers!
Hayden and Avery on the swing with Philip.
Here is the Birthday Boy all dressed in his skull shirt and shoes.
Time for lunch, here is Chase, Marli, Lincoln and Avery enjoying the "golden nuggets" for lunch.
It was a full house, yay!
Birthday Cake time!
Sam, Hayden and Ollie getting cupcakes.
The pirate ship cake up close, it was pretty cute!
Avery getting a quick taste, yum!
Time to blow out the candle and he did it on his own!
Avery liked the cupcakes!
So did Lincoln.
And Chase.
Here are my grandparents enjoying the party and some cake.  It was french vanilla with milk chocolate icing, very good!
Jennifer and Mike enjoying some cake.
Now it is Pinata Time, you go Linc!
Levi's turn to take a wack.
Levi is a strong boy, he is the one who broke it.
Larsen, Linc, Marli and Jared getting some goodies.
Halmoni and Linc opening candy.
Larsen's mom made him the cutest shirt. 
Gam-ma and Linc.
Niki and Maria made Linc a nap mat for his birthday, love it.
Big boys can have fun too!
Marli is a brave little girl, up she goes.
Cute picture of Avery and Philip with all the candy on her face.
Present time with Ryan!
Paula was such a big help at the party.  She cleaned up, told people where to go and was the offical photog for the party.  Love you!
The Gabbard boys and their mama.
Linc in his pirate hat.
We finally winded down the party around 2:30, and we all had a blast.  Linc was super tired but had a wonderful time with all his friends.  He really enjoys being around people, so parties are his thing.  Here we are with my grandpa before they headed back.
Thank you to everyone who made this day so special for Linc and for our whole family.  We enjoyed spending time with everyone and can't wait to see you all again soon!  Happy 2nd Birthday Lincoln, kiss kiss!
Blog Signature

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! So sorry we missed the fun, I really thought Ella Reese would hold out and we would be able to make it, ha! As we were leaving the hospital Saturday afternoon, I told Keith that we were missing Lincoln's BDay party and he said "We can stop by if you want" Ha! Anyway, Boston wants to bring Linc his present so let me know when is good for you :)

nbrawley said...

Can this post be any longer!!!! Haha, jk! Party was super cute and FUN!

Amy G said...

Keith is so funny, Jenn. You little girl is so cute, congrats and you can come by anytime. I am so happy for you guys!