Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Adults Only Vacation to Galveston!


We finally made it to an adults only vacation!  In September, we headed to Galveston Island with 3 couples from Craig's work that don't have kids.  We all shared a cute little beach house that was actually quite nice inside.  It was nice to get to know some of Craig's co-workers better.  We stayed 3 nights and the weather was great almost the whole time, crazy since it was hurricane season (but that is what makes the rooms so cheap!) Anyway, this was the view from our beach house.  


Here are the boys playing something in the yard. 

Relaxing on the beach, I played soccer!

It was a bit windy, they were trying to set up a volleyball net but it kept blowing down, so then we just resorted to playing beach soccer. 
Our little beach house sat on stilts, all the houses did there.  It was decorated really cute inside.  This was the first day there. 


There were these baby frogs hiding everywhere!

We did get a brief rain storm the first day. 

But then it was back to baby blues and fun surfing tides!

You had to watch out for the huge jelly fish, eek!  I did get to do some relaxing which was awesome!

We sent this to Lincoln, he wanted to see his name in the sand. 

Yay for Adult Time!

Dressed up for dinner one night!

And yes, I ate it all!

We would run along the beach in the mornings, it was super nice!

This house was for sale, we totally should have bought it, haha, that is if we were millionaires!

Even in Galveston, they had my rare and favorite ice cream!

My mom would send me pictures of the kids, missed them so much!



Philip (Avery's dad) coached a game while I was gone and Niki sent me this cute picture of them!

The girls all made vacation shirts, it was fun, mine said "Warning, Vacationing Without Kids"

Downtown Galveston is super cute and boutiquey

Dude, it was so good!  I know it is not fish, but yum!

Our last night there.  We were all a bit sunburned and Craig and I missed our kids.  It was great to have some adult time as well, you need that every once in a while.  I hope we get to do it again, it was fun!


Blog Signature

No comments: