Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blanket Fort!

About a month ago,( I know, I am behind) Lincoln wanted me to make him a fort.  I'm not sure where he got the idea; school, television or what, but I was excited to do it for him.  That was until I realized I didn't know how to make a blanket fort, haha.  I am so girly, I don't think I ever had one or even a sheet tent.  Craig was off doing some project I asked him to do, so I was by myself trying to figure this thing out.

I knew you needed blankets, but I was not sure what else, so I just told Lincoln to get stuff for his fort.  He got pillows and his small blankets.  I pushed the couches together, but had a problem of holding the blankets up so he could stay under.  Then came the idea of a baseball bat, haha!  It worked out well as long as no quick movements where made under the tent.  Here is the top view of the tent.  Kennedy didn't want to go in, I don't think she believed in my tent making skills, and I don't blame her ;)


Lincoln on the other hand thought it was great and was so excited to get in his fort.  I think I see Craig having a camping partner in the near future. 

The good ole bat to hold the whole thing up, it had a lot riding on its handle! 

What fort adventure would be complete without carmel popcorn?  I think it was the icing on the cake. 

Lincoln added his own touches to the top of the fort, you see his small fluffy blanket and small pillow on top?  He got to watch Despicable Me while under the tent and asks almost every weekend to do it again.  Oh the simple things in life!

Blog Signature

No comments: