Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

As far as Christmas traditions, we don't have many yet as The Gabbard Family.  I guess I follow the ones from my parents, like making fudge, opening stockings and eating dinner at my Mom's house on Christmas Eve.  Our traditions so far consist of watching Elf while decorating the house, having a book exchange with The Brawley Family, making tons of desserts including cookies with Paula on Christmas Eve, opening the rest of the gifts of Christmas morning and making Christmas lunch for everyone.  One we started about two years ago, when Lincoln was old enough, was letting the kids each hang their own ornament.  Lincoln really enjoyed this in the past years and will often move his around before Christmas.  This year, Kennedy was old enough, so she got to hang one too.  Here she is about to hang her ornament.


Trying to find the best spot!

She almost got it on...

She still needed a bit of help!

There we go, she got it on.  Then she wanted to take it off and move it, haha!

Lincoln has a little red train that he gets to put on every year.

Good job buddy!

Now the Christmas tree is complete!

I love my little Christmas Helpers.























I hope we can make more traditions as the kids get older, I would love for them to have something to pass on to their families one day.
Blog Signature

No comments: