Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lincoln Loves Soccer

On September 8th, Lincoln had his first soccer practice.  That's right, my 3 1/2 year old is playing sports!  I am so excited to see him play since this is what I played when I was growing up.  Hopefully if we try a lot of sports he will find one he likes!  Lincoln loved the shin guards most of all, haha!  He has been wearing them around the house for two weeks. 

September 8th was also Kennedy's 1st birthday, yay Kennedy!  She wanted to get in on the soccer action. She even wore her puma's!

Look how little they all are.  I can't wait to see an actual game.

This was the "catch the coach" drill, Lincoln loves to run!


But it sure does make him thirsty!

He was having fun and that's what counts!

Hey there sweet girl!

We think Lincoln might be left handed and footed.  He always seems to kick with that foot first and color with his left hand.  I only know one person in our family that was left handed and that was my grandpa Hank!  That would be so great if he got that characteristic from him.

He has the stance down for sure, looking so good!  He had fun shooting the ball into the goal.

He started to get tired about 10 minutes before it was over so I think we need to run him around a bit more.  It has just been so hot that this type of activity almost never happens for him. 

They were all so little and cute.  I think he is really going to enjoy being on a team and I can't wait for him to learn what it means to be a part of a team.  Of course I don't really expect that to happen at 3, but I am sure he will get some basics, maybe, I am hoping!  His first game is this coming Saturday on the 17th!  Stay tuned for more pictures! Go Team!!
















Blog Signature

2 comments:

The Jungs said...

Are you guys playing soccer at the YMCA? Riley's playing with the Westside YMCA and our first game is the 17th too. Was wondering if we might end up playing each other??

Amy G said...

Hey Sara! We are playing with the Benbrook YMCA. It was pretty funny watching them run around like wild indians, haha!