Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Miscellaneous Weekend

This weekend felt like a modge podge craft project. Little fun here, an unintended trip there and when you mix it all in with a sick mommy and baby and you get this...our weekend.

We missed the Just Between Friends Sale in Fort Worth this season so I have been waiting for one in the metroplex to come up. If you don't know what JBF is, you have to check it out. Since it was our off day, we headed out to the Arlington one. The one ii FW is huge, so I expected the same thing only to be disappointed. They were mostly picked over (b/c they have a pre-sale for sellers) and it was only the first day an hour into the sale!

After that Linc was sleepy so we just started heading back home, he fell asleep in the car and we both decided to just keep driving since he is so hard to get back to sleep if you wake him. He slept for a while and we ended up heading to Weatherford where Craig suggested we keep driving because he had seen this cool playset when he went canoeing in Mineralwells a few weekends ago.

We finally got to Mineralwells and saw this!

Well at least the ship part, we didn't see the castle. It was so cool. Linc woke up just in time for us to get there and played all over it. He had a blast. Now we want one in our backyard, but it will take a lot of pennies saved to get it, it is not cheap!

We stopped off for food on the way back and got home a little after 1pm. Unfortunately my day just went down hill from there. All the sudden I came down when a horrible stomach virus that would leave me unable to eat until today, it sucked. Linc had it too which made it even worse since he has been sick all week with the respiratory virus, poor baby.

The show must go on, so on Saturday Craig went and played golf with my Dad, brother and nephew for my Dad and brother's birthday. They headed out to one of the nicest courses around here, Tour 18.

Isn't it beautiful, I wish I could have seen it in person.

Craig was nervous he was going to do bad since it is such a hard course, but he tied with my brother and he is really good! Go Craig! Look at the house behind, nice right!

Here is my dad, nice swing.

Here is Ryan, my nephew, he is so tall now I almost can't tell him apart from his dad.

Here is my brother putting in a good shot.

Today, Sunday, I started to feel a little better, but really tired since I have not had food in a day and a half. Craig felt like he was sick too, and Linc had the opportunity to go with my parents to my grandparents house. So off he went while we rested. Before he got home I convinced Craig to hang up these 4 pictures above our TV. He said he would do it, but that was it because he still felt a little under the weather.

These are the finished product of my project last weekend with the frames I painted. I added a stencil and I think they turned out great. I think it really makes the TV area pop.

While I was taking pictures, I wanted to put the updated picture wall. We updated it a few weeks ago, but I have not posted any pictures of it. It contains all his 18 month pictures with a few extra frames, I really love it.

I also added some pictures in the entry way so I could still use some of the pictures that got displaced by his 18 month pictures.

This was done soon after we moved it, but I was not sure if I posted about it or not. I love sid dicken's plaques, I hope to get more soon but they are so darn expensive.


To end the weekend I wanted to try on Linc's Halloween costume. He is going to be a monkey for Halloween, suits him, right?

He seems to like it except for the shoes, haha. I figured it would be the hat, but he was focused on getting those shoes off.

Our little Monkey hopes you all had a great weekend!
Blog Signature

1 comment:

Tori said...

All of your decor looks so great! You're so creative!